Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Blog about...the new Blog

The good news is I finally got around to developing a professional looking blog page on blogger. Over the last 3 days I’ve been copying, pasting , cataloging and posting every blog I could find from the time I starting posting rants on facebook in 2008 through today from their website to this one. The total thus far is over a 100. I welcome you to have a look at it and subscribe to it. Most of the blogs are on the Denver Broncos but you can scroll over and click on the blog links about local issues, current events, politics, fishing, travel, movies, plays and what-nots etc.  


The bad news is I started writing blogs back in 2004 and I posted them on myspace. As you may or not remember before facebook there was myspace and it was as popular back then as facebook is now. Unfortunately, like many fads that come and go myspace lost users to the next big thing, facebook. In June of this year myspace completely rebooted their website and didn’t republish any of the blogs I posted. The other damnable thing I learned was all the images I created or posted on myspace were gone as well.

The myspace reboot deletes blogs.
Most of the blogs I posted on myspace were about the Denver Broncos. My best guess is I posted well over a 150 blogs on myspace. Now… they’ve been wiped out of cyberspace. I wrote on a variety of other subjects on myspace as well and my guess is I lost another 50 to 75 more of my blogs on these subjects as well.

I've done some extensive research on what myspace would do and if they would add the blogs and images back to my profile along with the other writers who lost blogs/images on myspace but as of this writing it looks like they have no intention of bringing them back.

Looking back it was tremendous mistake not backing up everything I wrote to another source like a zip drive. It’s heartbreaking because I did a lot of good writing on myspace and now it’ll be gone forever unless myspace changes its mind. 

So my friends if my writing doesn’t bore the living heck out of you have a look at the new blog. If you’re a blogger on blogger.com email me your domain site and I’ll follow you.  

If you look under my Bio section you’ll find all the websites I’m linked to as well.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers