Thursday, September 12, 2013

Darkly Dreaming Dexter: Book Review

Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter, #1)Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I understand why the Dexter Morgan books are so popular now and why a TV series was made based on his character. Jeff Lindsay the Author narrates this audiobook and he did a marvelous job. Even though I’ve seen every episode of the series I was still entertained by the story as told by Lindsay.

The dark, glib, macabre, notorious, witty, humorous and emotionless Dexter captures the imagination and holds you throughout. The first book has a shocking surprise that isn’t the same as the series and it leaves you begging for more. I’m hooked now and as soon as the next book in the series is available at the audiobook library I plan to listen to it.

As for the TV series itself it is starting to wear thin and tiresome; the last 2 seasons haven’t lived up to the first 3 years of the show which were fantastic. It’s too bad that Lindsay and the Producers of the show don’t know how to end it. It should have ended long ago and now sadly Dexter's character doesn’t have the same appeal he had in the beginning.

Regardless I plan to go onto the second book and hope the proceeding books can hold me as well as this first one did.  
 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers