Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Call of the Wild by Jack London: Book Review

The Call of the WildThe Call of the Wild by Jack London

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What a book! Again it strikes me just how little I know about literature and how all these years later I can enjoy classics that many read as children or teenagers.

For 4 tension filled hours I prayed that Buck could survive his toil as a sled dog in Alaska. I was certain he wasn’t going to survive given all the obstacles, especially Spitz his nemesis. When he changed owners and went with the terrible trio that had no idea how to manage a team or themselves in the Alaskan wilderness I thought it was all over for him.

Jack London did a masterful job capturing a dog that is duty bound by hard work, love and discipline. Loved this book, just loved it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers