Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Just say No to the Broncos Manning...Please!!


It’s time to address the unpleasant topic of Peyton Manning again Broncos Fans. I said this over a week ago and I’ll say it again. Signing Manning will be a mistake. After 14 years of football with a bad neck on a way better team than what the Broncos have Manning IS NOT going to be the same QB he was 5 or even 2 years ago.

Can he still play? Yes.

Is his primary reason for continuing to play related to $’s and ego and will he hit the jackpot lotto when he signs? Yes.

Do those 2 reasons trouble you if you’re a Broncos Fan? They do to me.

Will the astronomical price in dollars and cents be worth the gamble? No.

Will he improve a team like the Broncos chances of winning? Maybe.

Will the Broncos be a playoff team or a Super Bowl winning team with him at QB? Maybe the playoffs, but the Super Bowl, highly doubtful.

Will Manning end his career ugly if he goes to a rebuilding team like the Broncos? Odds are very good.

Isn’t it smarter to hold onto the cap money they’d spend on him and use it to look to fill all the other holes on the team with draft picks and good free agents at DB, DL, LB, RB, WR and maybe a TE? A resounding YES!!

The media hype and what I consider the ignorant short sightedness by fans who think this is what the Broncos MUST do are being set up for an epic failure. It’ll set the team back maybe 2 to five years if he tanks and the bankroll he’ll demand locks up cap money later on.

I just think this is a horrible idea even in the short term because Manning while he still has same game left in him can’t possibly at his age and with his chronic injuries carry an average or bad team to a Super Bowl win. It just won’t happen. He was a great QB but his best days are more than likely behind him and I see a horrible scenario in which the Broncos organization and worse yet the fans gets raped and robbed.

Favre was a far better athlete at his age and had a stronger arm than Manning does at this point in his career and look how Favre ended? He was on a far better team than Manning will go to also.

One more thing, this really has nothing to do with Tebow by the way but the long term future of the Broncos. While I’m not sure if he’s capable of taking the team to the next level this is still a bad strategy anyway you look at it. If Tebow lays and egg this season I have no problem looking at other options in 2013. I’m results oriented, if he can’t carry the water then it’s onto a guy who can. I like Tebow the man but winning supersedes his personal magnetism and charm. The team should stick it out one more year with Tebow to see if he pans out and spend their money elsewhere this season.

Today Manning’s supposed to make a decision about where he will go. If it does happen and he signs in Denver as always I’m a Broncos Fan first and last so I’ll root for him to succeed. I’ll root for him because he’s on my team but I won’t be happy about it because I see disastrous results in the long term. Just say NO to the Broncos Manning...please.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers