Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown: Book Review

The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2)The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I understand how this book became a best seller. It’s a suspenseful mystery and it’s a real page turner. I understand how Feminists and Pagans would love it and Christians and Masons would hate it. It’s clearly a work of fiction but it’s laced with half truths and so called historical facts making it a perfect book for crazy conspiracy theorists, especially those that don’t believe in Christianity.

I just take the book for what it is a good work of fun fiction and that’s it.

I saw the movie when it came out in 2006 and it bored me to tears like it did almost everyone else who saw it whether they read the book or not. Tom Hanks was miscast and all I can’t remember about his character was a he had a super bad haircut. After getting through the book I completely understand why everyone was disappointed in the movie. The book is superior to the movie as most books are but in this case far superior.        

View all my reviews

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers