Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Manning 172.10 minus Spiller 25.45 = Epic Fail!


A big goose egg for wins and 4 losses in the Fantasy Money League I play in every year. The $700 payday for 1st place is slipping away from me fast. To think I had the opportunity and passed up Peyton Manning for CJ Spiller with the 5th pick in the 1st round of the draft is really haunting me. 

Going into the fantasy season Aaron Rodgers was the QB that was projected to be the first QB drafted and not until late in the 2nd round. Manning was going in the 3rd round on most draft boards I researched. If you’re keeping score at home Manning has 172.10 fantasy points and Spiller has a whooping 25.45 in the scoring format we use in our money league. Ugh! I have to get my mind around the idea that the NFL is a QB driven league and is in fantasy football too. The old school formula was always to draft RB's early and often, not anymore, at least not early this fantasy season.  

Another big mistake that I made and should have known better not to do was draft Rookies at the RB position. I took Eddie Lacy and Montee Ball, both have 11.65 points respectively in our scoring system. I really believed both would be starters on opening day and both would score big as the season progressed. Ball has been the odd man out in the 3 RB rotation that the Broncos employ and then Lacy fumbled his way out as a starter, and then gets a concussion.

I took CJ Spiller with my 1st pick, Eddie Lacy was my #2 pick and I took Russell Wilson as my QB in the 3rd round. The way he scored at the end of last season I thought Wilson was a great sleeper pick and could explode, instead he's imploded, through 4 games he has only 64.58 points. My backup QB is Andrew Luck. I sat Wilson in week in week 4 and Luck did get a few more points (Season total of 82.32 points) but not near enough to compensate for my under performing RB's

Maybe Lacy and Ball will emerge by mid-season but the lesson to be learned here is don’t draft Rookies high, they may not contribute anything until you're buried at the bottom of the standings.  

I’ll keep battling and hope I put enough wins together to make a run for the 4th and final playoff spot but right now I just hoping I can win at least one freaking game. Hey CJ, thanks Buddy you’re my Fantasy Hero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have drafted Andrew Luck at least.

Blog Archive

Followers