Saturday, November 5, 2011

Focus Today On Winning, Not Surrendering to get a High Draft Pick


Prepare yourselves for an angry rant Broncos Fans. I read a post on the Broncos Message Board The Orange Mane that lit me up tonight.

First off I’m happy to not be a part of the herd of some Broncos Fans who pretend and believe they know more about football, QB's, Coaches, the NFL Draft or who will and who won't be the next big college studs in next year’s draft. I don’t claim to be some genius guru either but I like to deal in the now and what’s possible today. I don’t write off a season with 9 games to go and only being 2 games out of the AFC West lead as some fans have lowered themselves too.

The most brainless discussions  I’ve seen so far this season are the ones that are related to the idea that the Broncos should lose games and roll over which really took fire after game 6 of this season thus to be in a better position to draft or make a big trade for Luck.

It was and still is insanity that these Luck scenarios always revolve around losing or rolling over when there’s still a lot of football to be played.

The Luck hype is so overblown, personally the day that Luck puts on an NFL uniform since it’s very unlikely the Broncos have a shot at him, I’ll be one of the people who’ll root to see him fail. There is no way possible this kid will live up to the unbelievable hype that’s been laid upon him. He’s a good QB but he’s no better than say somebody like Romo, Ryan, Sanchez, Flacco or even Kolb. One Broncos Fan post I read on a message board wondered if Luck was worth 3 #1 picks. Are you kidding me?

Putting Tebow aside for a moment, as dire as the situation appears at present the Broncos are only 2 games out of first place in the AFC West. God forbid the Broncos might actually beat the Raiders this Sunday, use it as a spring board then pull together as a team, then put more wins together and make a run. Is it likely? Maybe not but as a Broncos Fan I focus on the possibility that it could happen,

No... instead let’s focus on what we don’t have and keep rolling out the Luck scenarios, or next year’s other draft prospects because it’s far more interesting than the 9 games still left to play this season.

Oh…excuse I need to be thinking about losses and losing percentages for next year to see what draft position we get in next year’s draft then I’d be a forward thinking smart Broncos Fan right?

I doubt very seriously EFX are thinking about losing games or losing percentages right now. I’d have to believe they’re doing everything possible to focus on the Raiders game. After the Broncos are eliminated from the playoffs then it makes sense to think about next year but not right now.

The Broncos need to win this game, after that they focus on the next one but not before. I say I’m all in with the Broncos for this game and this game only and I hope the team believes the same. The whole Broncos organization must focus today on winning, not surrendering to an unknown tomorrow. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers