Monday, November 7, 2011

The Glorious Cause: The American Revolution, 1763-1789 by Robert Middlekauff: Book Review

The Glorious Cause: The American Revolution, 1763-1789The Glorious Cause: The American Revolution, 1763-1789 by Robert Middlekauff

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


It was a book with a massive amount of information to grasp and remember but since I love history I gave it my best and thoroughly enjoyed it. So I’m a nerd and a geek when it comes to history, sue me. This audiobook was over 26 hours long but it’s one of the best books I’ve found that really examines in detail the politics, the battles and the personalities of the American Revolution. I found this brief review sums it up better than I could.

There's really almost nothing to criticize in "The Glorious Cause." It is, in nearly every respect, an outstanding work of history. It's comprehensive in its scope; thorough in its approach; obviously very well researched; with careful, thoughtful, and incisive historical analysis. Middlekauff's descriptions of Revolutionary War battles are first-rate. The author completely captures the flavor of eighteenth century warfare in general and of the battles of the American Revolution in particular. When I finished reading "The Glorious Cause," I felt as if I had actually been there at some of the great battles of the war.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers