Sunday, March 15, 2015

Freedom Rally better choice then 2015 Dorchester


Clatsop County Republicans host a booth at the 2015 GOP Dorchester Conference.
The Clatsop County Republicans hosted a booth this weekend at the 2015 GOP Dorchester Conference in Seaside, OR. I and many of the members help man the booth. My opinion and this is mine, I can't speak for the other members, is that all we really accomplished was that we had a presence there but we didn't have any influence on the agenda or the policies the moderates in the party espouse too. Essentially this meeting is designed for the moderates and the squishy Republicans in Oregon.

Yesterday the Freedom Rally in Portland, OR drew 5 times as many Republicans as the Dorchester because there Conservative issues were addressed and embraced. Next year, again I only speak for myself here, I plan to attend that gathering instead of Dorchester A half dozen or so of our members drove to Portland and they reported back that is was an excellent event.

 I should have listened to my gut a few weeks ago when I wrote: "Should or Shouldn't I attend Dorchester?"

The failed strategy and issues the leaders of the Oregon Republican Party have clung to have not advanced conservative causes nor has it helped get Republicans elected to state offices because they believe catering to Moderate Democrat's, Independents and non-affiliated voters will help bring more people into the party and win elections.

As we saw in this last election it had the opposite effect. The Republicans lost big in Oregon and it's because they've backed away from fiscal and socially conservative principles. In my view until we as a party unite through these issues the party in Oregon we'll remain in the minority.

At the very least the members picked Scott Walker over Jeb Bush in the straw poll today. I'd prefer to have a Conservative like Ted Cruz, Allen West or Ben Carson as a nominee but I believe Walker may give us the best chance to regain the White House. The nation needs President Scott Walker in 2016.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers