Sunday, September 11, 2011

Denver Broncos Unworthy of New Analysis


I posted this on the Orange Mane (It’s a Broncos Fans Chat Board) this morning. Instead of writing a blog about the disaster last night I’ll just let my past statements before the game speak for itself.
Instead…I’m just going to do one long gloat about Orton. After that I’m done, Orton’s uninspired play last night spoke for itself. This was my first post on the OM for the 2011 season on 8-20-2011. The rest of the posts were comments made before last nights’ game.

8-20-11:  Hi Guys, it’s been a long time. I had to get on and rant a little. I’m just sick and tired of not having a solid QB on our beloved Broncos. We’re now in our 12th year of QB controversies with no end in sight. 1 playoff win since the last ring and other than 2006 we’ve been in a swirling vortex spinning in a downward spiral. My opinion on the latest QB controversy?

Orton sucked yesterday, he will tonight and will tomorrow. Yes, he has more “experience” than Tebow or Quinn but that is his only qualifier

I can't say Tebow at this point is a better option either nor Quinn.

I’m still cursing McD for signing Orton to 2 year deal. Had he signed him to a one year contract instead, Orton would be gone and setting on the bench of some perennial loser as a back up or maybe out the NFL altogether. If Orton is the best we can do we’re in for another long, painful and intensely boring season. There said it, I’m done.

I'm trying to be upbeat and positive but I just don't see a dramatic turn around this season on O. I think the only thing we can hope for is that the Broncos can finally play some better D than they did last year. I think that will happen but on O? Doubtful… Someone give me some good karma, I’m just not feeling it.

8-25-11:  (About one fan who said Moreno will rush for 1400 yards this season.) I admire your optimism but Moreno has yet to prove he’s even close to putting up those kinds of yards. I’m not sure the OL will be as good against better D’s. They're still very young and inexperienced. As for Orton’s red zone predictions, I’m not sure that I’d agree with that assessment either. He was terrible inside the 20 completing passes last year.

8-25-11: The only reason and I mean the only reason Orton is still in Denver is because he’s set to make $8.4 million and no team was moronic enough to trade for him. We can thank the genius McD for that move too. I’m positive had the money not been an issue Orton would have been down the road and it would have been a unanimous decision by Bowlen, Elway and Fox to (trade) do so.

The Broncos win a meaningless preseason game against the Bills one of the worst teams in all of football and suddenly Orton is a solid starter? COME ON!!!

I can’t wait to see these haters eat their words by mid-season when Tebow is starting and Orton is sitting on the bench sulking because the Broncos are 2-6.

8-21-11:  If my memory serves me right Orton played liked a Bum last year. People have short memories and live in the NOW I guess. It’s laughable that in one game the Mighty Quinn would vault over Tebow when this guy has nothing to indicate from past starting performances that he in any way will be a starting NFL QB, none.

So just chill out let the preseason play out the next 2 weeks. On opening day we could see a whole different scenario. Orton or Quinn could be on another team. I hope its Orton because once they count we can expect the same guy we saw last year to show up. Quinn? Please…

8-21-11:  I think it’s way too soon write off Tebow. All this talk reminds of Elway's rookie year. We all know Elway had way better mechanics and a throwing arm than Tebow does. But Elway early on was very mistake prone, forcing balls in, under throwing then over throwing the ball, not looking for other receivers, impatience in the pocket. Sound familiar?

The national sports media, the writers at the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News all dog piled on Elway early. They were unmerciful have you guys forgotten that? Many wanted to see him fail and flame out just as bad as Tebow.

I love how these geek draft-nicks think that next year’s draft will always produce another great QB. Quality talented players like Tebow are not available year to year and some just need more time to get their head in the game, that’s all this is. Remember how rough Favre was around the edges? Early in his career he’d throw 4 TD’s one game then 4 INT’s the next. The same could be said of Elway.

Tebow stays IMO and should learn the system. He’s a winner, a warrior and the thing I like best about him doesn’t quit on a play. Once he learns the game in the NFL he’ll be one of the best red zone threats the Broncos have ever had. It amazes how day to day people live and think like there’s not going to be a tomorrow. On Monday Tebow be back in practice and my guess getting playing time in the next 2 preseason games.

My prediction: By mid-season Tebow will be the starter for the Broncos.

8-20-11:  The truth is Orton had far more offensive weapons on his team 2 years ago than he does today. Moreno hasn’t impressed, the free agent RB’s have proven zip, no proven #2 or #3 WR as of yet and the same at the TE position. The OL is coming along and the running game just can’t nose dive any lower than last year so what have you got? Good Ol’ #8 out there to save the day? Looking for Lloyd on every pass down will fool somebody this year? Quinn? You really believe those 2 are going to transform the Broncos back to a winning franchise? Carry this team on their backs?

Tebow hating aside, the QB position is the least of the problems. The D gets better under Fox we agree but this O could be equal to or worse than last year very easily.

5-11 is ceiling. 3-13 the basement. 8-8 would be a very successful season for the Broncos; I wish I believed it could happen. If the Broncos can play some better D which they should this year they could go 8-8. I think too many have heaped large expectations on the young OL. I'm not convinced they'll be able to run or pass against better defensive teams.

He (Orton) stinks like a dead animal pit, like maggots on a gut wagon.

Old quote by Woody Paige: "Orton has lost eight of nine, 14 of 17 and 17 of his past 22 starts."

9-13-11:  New quote by Jeff Jacques: "Orton has lost nine of ten, 15 of 18 and 18 of his past 25 starts."

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers