Monday, July 25, 2011

Excerpt from, "Time to Fly Free”



"Today I will catch up on the things I need to complete. I will take notice of the things I've started, and I'll work toward. Have I been procrastinating? Have I been putting something off until later that I can do now? I will look at my list of their completion.

If I'm current with things I need to do, I can use this time to rest and do nothing responsibilities or suggested activities, and today I will begin - or complete - those things I said I would do later.

Today is about completion."

This is one of the daily readers I get via email from Hazelden. It’s ironic that it comes after a weekend of extremely hard work at home. I need to go back to work just to get rested up. Whew!!

Friday: Mowed the lawn, trimmed hedges, hacked away pesky Blackberry Bushes, dug up flower bed.

Saturday: I did a complete makeover in the garage, cleaning and rearranging.

Sunday: I spent 7 hours doing the same to the basement.

Monday: Have it all done so I can enjoy the upcoming vacation in August and what’s left of the summer weather here plus hearing the NFL lockout is over…PRICELESS!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers