Monday, September 17, 2018

A review of 2 Broncos Sports Bars in Phoenix


I want to the thank members of the Broncos in the Desert Facebook Group for giving me the locations of the Sport Bars that host Broncos Fans in the Phoenix metro area. Since I’ve only been here since May, I didn’t know where they were.


Yesterday I went to the Whisky Row in Scottsdale and watched the first half of the Chargers/Bills game and was planning to stay for the Broncos game afterwards. I'm from Wyoming so I wanted to see Josh Allen's first start as the Bills QB. When I got there a little after 10 there were no Broncos Fans in the bar. Granted the game didn't start until after 1 pm but I expected to see more fans there.

One of the bartenders at Whiskey Row was a Tampa Bay fan. He had that game on their biggest screen and the volume pumped for his benefit. He was a good kid but he was driving me nuts, he was yelling and screaming at the top of his lungs on every single play. He had way too much testosterone flowing through his veins and in my opinion was a huge distraction to the other people that were there to watch the games. Personally, if I’m the owner or manager of the bar I’d ask the bartenders to dial their enthusiasm down a notch, they’re there to serve not to be obnoxious cheerleaders.

Furthermore, as the owner of the Broncos Sports Bar if they were not playing, I’d have the game of the day on the biggest screen in the bar. In my opinion, since the Broncos are in the AFC West, the best and most important early game was the Chiefs/Steelers game or even the Bills/Chargers game not the Bucs/Eagles game. No serious Broncos Fan gave 2 hoots about the Bucs/Eagles game. I'm speaking for myself here but as a Broncos Fans I prefer to watch the other AFC West games first over the other games.

Frankly the noisy bartender was annoying me so much and since there we little to no Broncos Fans there I decided to leave at half time and try the Ginger Monkey in Chandler. I had a lot of windshield time in my Camaro SS yesterday but hey, any windshield time in the Camaro is fine with me.


The Ginger Monkey was packed with Broncos Fans and as one fan in a Facebook group told me the food was way better. It was, the garlic parmesen wings were awesome. The menu at Whiskey Row was just your average bar food in my opinion. I had a breakfast sandwich at 10 while I was at Whiskey Row, it was okay but at Ginger Monkey when I bought the wings later that afternoon were far better than the sandwich. I could see the other food the waitresses were bringing out to the fans at Ginger Monkey and it all looked delicious.

I talked to one Broncos fan at Ginger Monkey and he said that Whiskey Row puts the Broncos game on every screen once the game is on. Having heard this I kind of wish I’d have stayed because that wasn’t the case at Ginger Monkey.

So… bottom line, after going to both I liked them both, but I wouldn’t go to the Whiskey Row unless it was right before the start of a Broncos game. As for Ginger Monkey I’d go back there also but I’d go early enough to get a good seat since they mix other games throughout the bar.

I have a 55-inch big screen and the NFL Sunday Ticket so the best seat in the house is still at home but occasionally an outing to network with Broncos Fans is always fun too.

As far as a football weekend goes I couldn't of asked for better. The Wyoming Cowboys put a W, the Broncos beat the Raiders, the Patriots lost and my fantasy team is likely to win tonight to secure a 2-0 record in my fantasy league. WINNING!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers