Wednesday, October 18, 2017

NFL Owners spurn NFL Sunday Ticket Cancelation

Since the NFL owners didn't have the guts to stand up for the anthem yesterday I canceled the NFL Sunday Ticket this morning. 

If you knew me personally you’d know how much Broncos football means to me. I'm heartbroken and devastated that the game I love has been turned into the theater of the absurd and ridiculous.

I planned to hold out until the end of the season but I just can't continue to support the Broncos, the NFL and the league players if this is their official position. 

I've had the Sunday Ticket since 1998 when I moved out of the local tv broadcast area for the Broncos. I've missed maybe 3 Broncos games going back to the mid-70's. Football has been like a religion to me since I was 6 years old, a place to go to enjoy a game and forget about all the worlds troubles if just for 3 hours.

No more...

I want to thank Obama for setting back race relations 40 years when he called for the insane "Beer Summit" at the beginning of his presidency. It was the spark that ignited all the race hustling that has followed since. Then he doubled down on every justifiable Police shooting and created this culture of hatred for law enforcement. Prior to his Presidency we had made real progress but it's all been erased and now it's spun wildly out of control.

I can't think of time in American history that I've ever seen such a misguided and unnecessary protest as this anthem nonsense. 

And it was all started by one selfish player looking to be traded from his team because he lost his job. This is an iron clad fact and cannot be denied, it has zero to do with police brutality. He used the race card as a fake cause to bring attention to himself period, end of story. Now it's went completely nuclear and for no good reason at all. The left-wing media has poured gas on the fire by supporting the players and blaming Trump. I don't give 2 hoots about what Trump says this isn't about Trump. It's about showing the ultimate disrespect to our veterans who fought and died under the flag for our freedom and dishonoring our brave men and women in law enforcement.

Work still needs to be done on racial equality but not at the expense of the anthem. It's the ultimate insult to use it as a soap box.

All of my Broncos clothing, caps and memorabilia will be stored in a box until this has come to a complete stop. I'm a forgiving person and I will come back to the game but not until every football player in the league stands for the anthem and shows gratitude for living in the greatest country God ever created. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers