Thursday, July 31, 2014

Forza Race Games Rock!

I've had a blast playing the Forza race car games on the Xbox 360. The first game I bought was Forza Horizon, then Forza 3, Forza 2 and Forza 4 in that order. I couldn't buy Forza 5 because it's only available for Xbox One but I do plan to buy Forza Horizon 2 when it comes out in September.

After playing 4 of their games I prefer playing the online multi-player racing on Forza 3 because it's the most competitive, at least at my current skill level. The only problem is the game is an old one and most of the players have moved onto the other games. You'll still get some good online racing there but not as good as the others. The season play and event list racing is great in all the games as you learn to race, so that's the bonus. The race tracks in all the games are awesome and many are replicas of the real ones. Sebring, Sedona, Indianapolis, Le Mans, Laguna Seca, Sonoma, Silverstone and Road American among many others are their to test your racing skills.

The fun part about Forza for me personally is the awesome muscle cars of the 70's you can race. Each car on Forza is an exact replica of the original in ever detail, from the HP of the engine to the inside of car. The dash, speedometer, tach, and steering wheel are all exactly the same.

From the mid-60's to the early 70's American car companies built the coolest hot rods ever. They had style, power and personality. Today they're are many cars that beat them on a race track or in a drag race and they certainly don't handle as well as the new cars but that's not the point. If I had my way and money was no object I'd buy a mint condition car from that era over a Japanese, German or Italian performance car any day of the week. Any one of the cars in this slideshow I would happily own if I could. All the cars in the slideshow below are orange because of my love of the Broncos but you can paint them any color you want including the original stock colors. Keep in mind all the photos I took of the cars were on my big screen TV so they're a little grainy but when you see them on your TV at home they'll be in perfect hi-definition.





Here's a video I made of the cars I own on Forza 4.



Here's a video of a race at the Brickyard Raceway in Indy with a 1971 AMC Javelin. I made it for my friend Darold as a tribute since he's a fan of AMC cars.



The cars below are ones I customized in the paint shop on Forza 3 and Forza 4. The reason there are 5 Puegeot 908's is because it's the most commonly used online mutliplayer race car on Forza 3. The Broncos Mustang, Broncos Shelby, Broncos Mercedes-Benz SL 65 and Police Car Camaro were designs I bought from other designers in the market place and applied to the cars.

1995  Ferrari F450
2004 Ferrari F430

2010 Ferrari RISI Competizione F430 GT

2011 Peugeot Matmut-Oreca 908

2007 Puegeot Sport 908

2002 BMW M3-GTR

2006 Aston-Martin #004 DBR9

2002 Cadillac Northstar LMP-20

2007 Puegeot Sport 908

2007 Peugeot Sport 908

2007 Puegeot Sport 908

2007 Puegeot Sport 908

2005 Mustang GT

2007 Shelby GT500







2010 Camaro SS

2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series

2005 Lamborghini Murcielago

2008 Viper STR10 ACR

2008 Chevy Monte Carlo Stock Car

2009 BMW Rahal Letterman M# GT2

1999 Toyota GT-One TS020

2009 Mazda Dyson B09/86

1999 Toyota GT-One TS020

1999 Mercedes-Benz Sauder C 9

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers