Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day Bud


Bud Jacques, Jeff Jacques and my kid Brother David Jacques on a Salmon fishing trip in 2008.

My Dad, Bud, real name Harry Denton Jacques turned 79 in March. He’s still in good shape for the shape he’s in. In his day my Dad could work harder than anyone I’ve ever seen for his size. He was one tough guy physically and not a guy you’d want to pick a fight with. He spent 25 years working on Pulling Units and Drilling Rigs in Colorado and Wyoming. Later he had a small business in which he bought and sold VW Beetles. He taught himself how to rebuild the engines; he also taught himself how to be an auto body repairman and a car painter. In his lifetime he probably bought and sold over 200 VW’s.

For as tough as my Dad was he never said a bad word about most people and on the inside is a real softy. He does have a temper though and would tell you straight up if he thought you were full of it. Dad loves watching Sprint Car Racing, College Basketball and NFL Football. He’s a big Packers Fan because he always liked Brett Favre. I know he’s a big Broncos Fan too but he’d never admit it.

My Dad was a hard core Alcoholic until the age of 44 when he finally went on the wagon in 1979. He was sober for 29 years and started drinking again in 2008. He’s had several bouts with it and now has been sober since October of 2012. I really admire him for making every effort to get back on the right track.

Dad’s favorite hobby is fishing and some of the best times I’ve had with my Dad have been fishing trips. He’s had a boat for years and he lives about 45 minutes away from Buffalo Bill Reservoir near Cody, WY where he’s done most of his fishing.

Until recently my Dad drove a barley and sugar beet harvest trucks in Powell, WY. He’s a guy who’s got to stay busy and he’s a very organized and neat nick individual.

Dad has taught me many things, chief of which is that hard work is what makes you successful in life. His brutal honesty, his friendly personality, his humor and intelligence are some of his other good qualities. One of the other things I love about my Dad is that his needs are very simple. He’s not concerned about what others have and puts on no airs.

Thanks for giving me some of your traits Dad the good and the bad. I love you, respect you and admire the life you’ve made for yourself.

Happy Fathers Day

Your Oldest Son,
Jeff  

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers