Sunday, July 15, 2012

God Bless America, The Movie


Until last night when I found this on amazon.com Jenny or I had never heard of this movie. What a great find. Without a doubt this movie is one of the best movies I’ve seen in a very long time. The social commentary it makes about TV and Pop Culture may offend some but is dead on and mirrors how I feel about it. I warn you it does have some violence and some profanity but the violence isn’t gratuitous.

Without giving to much a way it attacks reality shows in general, a noted broadcaster and a famous radio personally. Every single one of them in my opinion is worthy of it especially American Idol.

The wife and I are part of very small group who despite and loath American Idol, Survivor and all of the other reality shows. Neither one of us has watched a single episode of either of these shows and never will. The main character in the movie in a speech he gives at his office after the first 10 minutes of the movie describes it in a way far better than I ever could why we hate reality TV.

That speech only makes this movie well worth watching. It is brilliantly written and you totally sympathize and like the man who gets caught up in this dark, funny and hard hitting honest movie.

The only 2 things I didn’t like about it was that they gave the Tea Party an unfair wrap and they don’t mention Obama in the movie which didn’t really surprised me necessarily but I thought they would since it was so spot on about all the other subjects it spotlights. I highly recommend this movie despite these 2 flaws and I hope after you’ve watched it you’ll get back to me and let me know what you thought of it. We both loved it. Here's the IMDb link to the info and trailer of the movie.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers