Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Broncos Fans Celebrate the Day!!

For almost a month and a half, the Broncos have been winning. Some of the games were not a thing of beauty at the time, but are still wins. During that time we’ve been subjected to the ‘so called’ experts and NFL Pundits on the internet, in print, on radio and TV and worst of all, many Broncos Fans. To many Fans had all but given up on the team at game 6 of the NFL Season. It seemed as if everyone had totally dismissed the idea of winning…. not so much with Tebow’s game on the field, but because of a personal hate and grudge for what he is as a man.

Some of these Fans were ready to throw in the towel and do what’s been done for the last 5 years…. look to next year’s draft or for next year’s QB. This year it started after game 5 of the NFL season, with 11, yes 11 games yet to be played.

I guess I’m different. When Tebow started his first game against the Fins I was just a fan, being in the moment, watching a game hoping my team would win one. I didn’t have the TV remote in one hand and my iPhone in the other checking the latest college QB’s statistics from the day before or trying to figure where the Broncos draft position would be if we lost to them.

The height of the insanity came when I saw a post made by a fan on a Bronco’s message board. First and foremost, I have to say this person is one of the best contributors on the board. He’s an intelligent, even handed guy who’s as die-hard as they get. But even he had been driven to think more of next year than the present one. And with his post that calculated what the Broncos losing percentage would be as it related to next year’s draft, I was at a loss for words. I’m sorry, but that just goes beyond anything I could possibly imagine going into week 6 of an NFL Season.

In the beginning I had my doubts about Tebow too. Today (And that’s what really matters) the guy is a real live Clark Kent. As Kent, I’m not sure he’ll ever be a Superman, which is fine with me as long as he continues to improve and more importantly helps the team win. If he succeeds at this feat, I don’t care what he does off the field.


I think the doubters and haters would much rather have a Dark Knight than a Clark Kent. A cerebral Batman type QB that’s a genius on the field and off. Tebow isn’t that complicated, his life is orderly and simple. He puts all of his love and faith in God first, and then loves his family second. His final priority is to be completely devoted to being the best team football player he can be.

Personally I think those are qualities to be admired, not hated. We’ve been subjected to a whole league full of thugs that have committed every terrible vice known to man and call it acceptable. But we somehow can’t seem to accept Tebow? He wears his faith on his sleeve and he comes from a very successful Florida program. That alone sets him up to burned at the stake by a bunch of wolves who hate the idea of a goody two-shoes succeeding at anything, let alone a QB of an NFL team, especially ‘their’ team.

Winning supersedes all ills and winning breed’s confidence. Winning, no matter how so many Broncos Fans would like to apologize for it or say it’s a fluke…is still winning. The wins in week 6 and 8, no matter how ugly they were, will only matter because they bring the Broncos one game closer to winning the AFC West and a playoff berth.

It’s too bad more Fans can’t get used to the idea of winning and having Tebow as their QB of the future. I’m having the time of my life right now. I can’t wait to see the Bear’s game. If the Broncos make the playoffs, win or lose, it’ll go down in Bronco’s lore as one of the greatest seasons ever in my book because so many had written them off, and many of them…. are so called Bronco’s fans.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers