Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Grateful for this glorious Community Service Honor



Jeff Jacques: US Junior Chamber International Senator #69657


Here's the definition of what a JCI Senator is:

"The United States JCI Senate is an independent organization, with its own constitution and bylaws, associated with the United States Junior Chamber and Junior Chamber International.

The purposes of the US JCI Senate are twofold. Foremost, we seek to build and promote fellowship among our Senators through our publications, meetings, and social activities. Second, but just as important to us, is to promote the Junior Chamber program. We do this by offering our assistance and the knowledge and experience of our members to the Junior Chamber organization. The United States JCI Senate stands ready to help the United States Junior Chamber and any local chapter, district, region, or state officer. This assistance is always available for the asking.

A JCI Senatorship is the highest honor which can be bestowed upon a current or past member by Junior Chamber International for outstanding service to the organization. It provides a unique means for recognizing a member’s outstanding achievements, and also confers upon that individual a “Life Membership” in Junior Chamber International.

A JCI Senatorship may be given to any local Junior Chamber member in appreciation of services rendered at any level of the organization, and is subject to the approval of the local, state, and national Presidents. Current local members must have a minimum of five years of membership before they may be nominated for a JCI Senatorship."

I had a very wonderful surprise waiting for me this morning when I came home from work. It’s seems my wife Jenny gave me a great belated birthday present.

I guess she tried to get it to me by my 50th birthday but it didn’t quite get here on time but trust me this is one of those precious gifts that even though you get it late, it was well worth the wait.

My wife, with the help of Frank Sowder the current State President of the Wyoming Jaycees, submitted a Senatorship application in my name to the US Jaycees and the JCI. They accepted it. This award is the highest honor a Jaycee can receive and it’s such a great privilege to be selected. I’ve been out of the JC’s for 9 years but the 15 years that I happily served were some of the best years of my life.  

The instant I joined the Worland, WY Jaycees in 1986 I began to experience immediately all the community, management, and individual development educational lessons the organization would teach me over the next 15 years in several different JC Chapters around Wyoming. I had a fantastic experience in the Jaycees getting involved in a wide variety of projects and meeting all kinds of exceptional people in the organization and outside of it. The experiences I gleamed from the JC’s also helped to advance my business career in management because during those years I ran 2 different businesses.

Today the need for the Jaycees in America couldn’t be greater. It’s the best young person’s organization in the world and has helped launch many of today’s successful businessmen and women and political leaders. If you have never heard of the JC’s and are between the ages of 18 and 41 I encourage you to check it out. Here’s the link to the US Jaycees website.

http://www.usjaycees.org/

Many of my friends on facebook are people I met in the Wyoming Jaycees. To this day they are some of the best friends I’ve ever made in my life and for that one thing alone I’m eternally grateful. I can also thank the JC’s for helping me meet Jenny who I met at the last State Meeting I could attend as a regular member (at 41 you age out) back in 2001 in Thermopolis, WY. She turned out to be my best friend and eventually my wife.

Jenny is the single greatest gift I ever received in the Jaycees. Thank you my love for making this happen and thank you to all the great friends I have in the JC’s and for your love and friendship over the years.

I love the Jaycee Creed and I sincerely believe that if any young person joined the Jaycees today they too would see that service to humanity is the best work of life.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers