Sunday, March 7, 2010

Green before, White After...I Love the Spring



Before 
After

What a beautiful day it was yesterday here in Astoria. It was sunny and we got up to a high of 64. It was the perfect day for outside house and yard work. We removed all the bushes and shrubs we had near the house and transplanted them in other locations in our yard. The bushes were so root bound we had to remove them because they were compromising the foundation of the house. Eventually we plan to put new flowers and ornamentals in the front.

Bleach is a miracle product. With about 5 hours of elbow grease and a scrub brush I was able to transform a green, moldy house to a pristine, white house. I'm so happy with the results; it literally looks like the house received a new paint job. Unfortunately, today I’m paying for it physically. I used muscles I never knew I had and I’m sore, but it sure was worth it.

We finished off the day barbequing some rib-eye steaks on the new grill we bought last weekend and enjoyed a great bottle of Old Vine Zinfandel to boot. I love spring; its great the weather is starting to warm up here and every day that isn’t cloudy and rainy is a good day. You really learn to appreciate every sunny day when you live in the NW.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers