Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Dog Blog About "Ella"



May I present...Ella our new Boston Terrier


 We just got her today, isn’t she adorable?

We’d been thinking about getting a dog for a long time. When we lived in San Diego and Bend we made many trips to the animal shelters with no success trying to find the right kind of small dog that Jenny and I could both agree upon.

On Wednesday of last week I had to go to Long Beach, WA to get some plates for one of my vehicles and decide to stop by the South Pacific County Humane Society to see if they had any dogs the wife and I might be interested in. Thankfully and just by the Grace of God I just happened to walk into the shelter right after they opened their doors.

As it turns out 2 Boston Terriers had been surrendered late Tuesday Night right before the shelter closed to go home. Thankfully, I was the first person in the shelter that morning and immediately knew that Ella was the dog Jenny and I had been looking for so I claimed her that day. I knew I had to say yes right then and there or Ella would have been gone the same day, I'm sure of it. She was scheduled to get spaded on Thursday and the shelter said we could pick her up today.

First of all it's unbelievable to me that anyone would want to give up this sweet lovable dog and second it's amazing I was blessed enough to get a house trained year old pure breed Boston Terrier for just $65.

The South Pacific County Humane Society is a wonderful animal shelter. Come this Valentine’s Day we’ll have had Karma the Cat who we got at the same shelter for 2 years. She’s a terrific cat who really has brought Karma to our home.

Ella is the first dog I’ve had in my house full time since 1984. I guess I was due to get a dog. I’m so grateful and thankful that Long Beach has such a great shelter and that they have provided me with 2 wonderful pets. If you need a cat and dog I would always recommend that you go to your local animal shelter and look first.

Now all I have to do is find Ella a Broncos Sweater to wear so she can be indoctrinated into the family as a Broncos Fan.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers