Saturday, April 29, 2006

Jay Cutler a Dream come True...

I'm just so excited that Mike Shanahan made the decision to move up in the draft and take Jay Cutler.  The Broncos Fans on this site know that I'm the President of the Plummer Hater Club.  Out of the gate he has far better physical tools than Plummer has on his best day.

Jay Cutler
It'll take time for him to learn Shanny’s offensive but I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see Cutler starting by the end of the year.  Many Bronco Homers are saying we'll go all the way back to the AFC Championship Game with Plummer under Center.  I don’t think the road will be as easy as it was last year.  The running game of the Broncos will be a question mark going into the season.  Bell and Dayne will hopefully carry the load but I have concerns about either banging out yards all season long like an Anderson.

Hopefully on day 2 of the draft we'll address the defensive side of the ball and try to pick up a DT and/or DE and a SS.  I wonder to if Shanny may look for a sleeper WR.  If Walker's knee is strong he comes in and has an immediately impact, if not we have issues at WR.

I'm not convinced the front 4 on the D line is good enough to get the up field push we need.  The last half of the season last year the Broncos were not getting any pressure with the front 4. That’s why Pryce was traded.  We need depth at DL badly.

The good news is we have a great young QB to build around now.  I can't wait to see Cutler on the field.  Go Broncos!!! 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers